2019 Corners Gallery Call for Entries
Transparent Memory / an exhibition of alternative and historic photographic processes
A mutli-faceted exhibition featuring alternative photographic processes, analog 35mm slide projection, and a viewing party!
This exhibit is open to images in the following formats: 35mm slide / transparency film, cyanotypes, tintypes, photograms, salt prints, Polaroids, platinum prints, photogravure, image transfers, images taken from pinhole cameras, and more! Bring out those vintage slides and family photos and we will take a trip down memory lane… or create new work using the processes listed above.
Viewing party: Friday, Feb. 22, 5:30- 7 pm
• Each entrant may submit up to three (3) works – this can be a combination of slides and other alternative processes.
• All work must be original, not previously exhibited at Corners Gallery. Work under 40″ wide is preferred. 3D work cannot exceed 50 lbs.
• If accepted into the show, the work must be delivered READY TO HANG (or display as deemed necessary). Conservation quality materials are required. 2D works on paper must be matted, framed with glass or acrylic, and include a wire for hanging in the back. Artwork and/ or frames should not display previous mishandling or excessive use.
• The Entry Fee of $35.00 is non-refundable and does not guarantee that your work will
be accepted into the show.
- The entry fee can be paid via PayPal or by check and made out to:
Corners Gallery, postmarked by Friday, Jan. 25, and mailed to:
Corners Gallery 903 Hanshaw Rd. Ithaca, New York 14850
SUBMISSION OF 35MM SLIDES FOR PROJECTION
- Mail your 35mm slide entries to Ariel Ecklund, Gallery Director, Corners Gallery, 903 Hanshaw Rd. Ithaca, NY, 14850.
- Send slides individually labeled with artist name, image title, date.
- Include an image list including artist’s contact information (name, address, phone number, email).
- If you would like your slides returned to you at the end of the exhibit, send in a re-usable package with an enclosed pre-paid mailing label.
SUBMISSION OF ALTERNATIVE PROCESSES FOR HANGING ON WALL OR DISPLAY
- Email your entries to Ariel Ecklund, Gallery Director. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or send CD to address stated above. CD’s cannot be returned.
- Submit images in .jpg format ONLY.
- All images must be saved as .jpg files at 300 dpi, approximately 3″ x 5″ print size, and no larger than 1mb each. Submit one image per work.
- Send images with an image list including artist’s contact information (name, address, phone number, email). For each work submitted, list the file name and the following information: artist name, title, year completed, media, dimensions in inches, price.
- Work will not be accepted after the stated deadlines.
ACCEPTED WORK: DEADLINE AND NOTIFICATIONS
- All entries must be received by Friday, Jan 25.
- Email notification of results will be sent by the end of day Monday, Jan. 28.
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORK
- Hand delivery of artwork must take place on Friday, Feb. 8, 11 – 4 pm and Saturday Feb. 9, 11 – 1 pm.
- If shipping work, artist is responsible for cost of shipping to and from gallery.
- The gallery retains the right to deny access to the show if the work delivered is substantially different from that submitted to the jurors.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Gallery will retain 40% commission on all sales.
- Artists are responsible for insuring their artwork.
- Works sold during the exhibition shall remain on view until the end of the show.
- No work may be withdrawn by artist or buyer before the close of the exhibition.
- Entries will be handled with professional care. However, the gallery is not liable for loss or damage to the artwork.
- The gallery reserves the right to reproduce accepted work for purposes of publicity.
- Artists are encouraged to attend the viewing party.