2018 Corners Gallery / Petrune Gallery, Call for Entries
The Duality Exhibit: In Darkness and In Light, an installation in two galleries, curated by Ariel Ecklund and Domenica Brockman
This exhibit is open to works that consider the theme(s) of darkness and light, in all its forms. This idea can be explored in many ways — through color, shade, content, context. Darkness and light can reflect feelings and moods, or can be translated more literally, through varied thicknesses of line or contrasting values of paint. There are many ways to visually interpret this theme!
2-D and 3-D works will be considered in the fields of ceramics, drawing, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, and textiles. Accepted work will be shown in one or both galleries.
One work in each gallery will be selected as Best in Show by a People’s Choice ballot.
Reception for the artists: Friday, Sept. 14, Corners Gallery, 5- 7 pm
Submission deadline: Monday, July 30, 5 pm.
• Each entrant may submit up to four (4) works.
• All work must be original, not previously exhibited at Corners Gallery or Petrune Gallery, and completed within the last two years. Work under 40″ wide is preferred. 3D work cannot exceed 50 lbs.
• If accepted into the show, the work must be delivered READY TO HANG (or display as deemed necessary). Conservation quality materials are required. 2D works on paper must be matted, framed with glass or acrylic, and include a wire for hanging in the back. Canvases do not have to be framed, but it is preferred. Canvases must have hanging hardware and wire on the back. Artwork and/ or frames should not display previous mishandling or excessive use.
• The Entry Fee of $35.00 is non-refundable and does not guarantee that your work will
be accepted into the show.
- The entry fee can be paid by check (this is the preferred method!) and made out to:
Corners Gallery, postmarked by Monday, July 30, and mailed to:
Corners Gallery 903 Hanshaw Rd. Ithaca, New York 14850
• Or the entry fee can be paid by PayPal
- Email your entries to Ariel Ecklund, Gallery Director. Email: email@example.com. Or send CD to address stated above. CD’s cannot be returned.
- Submit images in .jpg format ONLY.
- All images must be saved as .jpg files at 300 dpi, approximately 3″ x 5″ print size, and no larger than 1mb each. Submit one image per work.
- Send images with an image list including artist’s contact information (name, address, phone number, email). For each work submitted, list the file name and the following information: artist name, title, year completed, media, dimensions in inches, price.
- Work will not be accepted after the stated deadlines.
ACCEPTED WORK: DEADLINE AND NOTIFICATIONS
- All entries must be received by Monday, July 30 and will be reviewed by Friday, August 3.
- Email notification of results will be sent by the end of day Monday, August 6.
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORK
- Delivery of artwork must take place on either Thursday, August 30 11- 4 pm, Friday, August 31, 11- 4 pm or Saturday, September 1, 11 – 1 pm. Artist will be notified of the drop off location by Monday, August 13.
- If shipping work, artist is responsible for cost of shipping to and from gallery.
- The gallery retains the right to deny access to the show if the work delivered is substantially different from that submitted to the jurors.
PICKUP OF ACCEPTED WORK
- Work should be picked up on either Friday, Sept. 28 or Saturday, Sept. 29.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Gallery will retain 40% commission on all sales.
- Artists are responsible for insuring their artwork.
- Works sold during the exhibition shall remain on view until the end of the show.
- No work may be withdrawn by artist or buyer before the close of the exhibition.
- Entries will be handled with professional care. However, the galleries are not liable for loss or damage to the artwork.
- Both galleries reserves the right to reproduce accepted work for purposes of publicity.
- Artists are encouraged to attend both opening receptions.