2018 Corners Gallery Call for Entries
The Weight of the Mark, a juried group exhibit
This exhibit is open to works in which mark-making is the primary source of the creative process. Works will be considered in the fields of ceramics, drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture.
• Each entrant may submit up to three (3) works.
• All work must be original, not previously exhibited at Corners Gallery, and completed within the last 2 years. Work under 40″ wide is preferred.
• If accepted into the show, the work must be delivered ready to hang. Conservation quality materials are required. 2D work must be matted, framed with glass or acrylic, and include a wire for hanging in the back. Frames should not display previous mishandling or excessive use. Canvases do not have to be framed, but it is preferred. Frames should not display previous mishandling or excessive use.
• The Entry Fee of $35.00 is non-refundable and does not guarantee that your work will
be accepted into the show.
- The entry fee can be paid by check (this is the preferred method!) and made out to:
Corners Gallery, postmarked by Friday, December 29, and mailed to:
Corners Gallery 903 Hanshaw Rd. Ithaca, New York 14850
• Or the entry fee can be paid by PayPal
- Email your entries to Ariel Ecklund, Gallery Director. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or send CD to address stated above. CD’s cannot be returned.
- Submit images in .jpg format ONLY.
- All images must be saved as .jpg files at 300 dpi, approximately 5″ x 7″ print size (1500 x 2100 pixels), and no larger than 1mb each. Submit one image per work.
- Each image file must be named using this format: Last name_First name.image#.jpg
- Send images with an image list including artist’s contact information (name, address, phone number, email). For each work submitted, list the file name and the following information: artist name, title, year completed, media, dimensions in inches, price.
- Work will not be accepted after the stated deadlines.
ACCEPTED WORK: DEADLINE AND NOTIFICATIONS
- All entries must be received by Friday, December 29 and will be jury reviewed by Friday, January 5.
- Email notification of results will be sent by the end of day Monday, Jan. 8.
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORK
- Delivery of artwork must take place on Friday, Jan. 19, 11- 4 pm and Saturday, Jan. 20, 10-1 pm.
- The gallery retains the right to deny access to the show if the work delivered is substantially different from that submitted to the jurors.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Corners Gallery will retain 40% commission on all sales.
- Artists are responsible for insuring their artwork.
- Works sold during the exhibition shall remain on view until the end of the show.
- No work may be withdrawn by artist or buyer before the close of the exhibition.
- Corners Gallery is not liable for loss or damage to the artwork.
- Corners Gallery reserves the right to reproduce accepted work for purposes of publicity.
- Artist must be present for the entire opening reception.